Image via Wikipedia
As the Mets prepare to face the Phillies today at 1:35pm, there are several stories circulating the newswire:
- Mets manager Jerry Manuel told the press that he’s thinking of moving Carlos Beltran to second in the batting order so he sees more fastballs. I’m in complete agreement. Even moving him to third would be better.
- El Duque is going to start his rehab work in Port St. Lucie this week.
- Moises Alou is working out in NYC now. He’s expected to play a few rehab games with Brooklyn or Binghamton before returning to the Mets from his calf strain injury.
- John Maine feels fine after experiencing cramping in his left forearm last night. He’ll be doing his regular workouts between starts.
- A fan has filed notice to the City of New York that he intends to sue for $5.5 million after being hit in the face last August by a piece of Luis Castillo’s bat that shattered.
- David Wright will not participate in the All-Star game home run derby.
- Mike Lupica writes at the Daily News that Jose Reyes is the best shortstop in New York this season and gets picked on too much for the things he does on the field.