- Jose Reyes will start the season on the disabled list
- Daniel Murphy will start the season on the disabled list with a sprained knee
- Mike Jacobs will make the team and probably start at first base on opening day
- Chris Carter and Frank Catalonotto are vying for the final roster spot
- The Mets are setting up the rotation to be Johan Santana, John Maine, Jon Niese, Mike Pelfrey, and Oliver Perez
That’s a lot to digest. While you’re doing that, I’ll tell you about my day today. I started out watching the morning work out and checking out the player’s cars being shipped back to New York. I got some great pictures of the work out that you can see in the slide show below.
I went to the game against the Marlins in the afternoon. Not only that, but I sat in the front row right behind the plate and next to the Marlins dugout. It was a beautiful day and I sat next to some hardcore Marlins fans and exchanged some friendly banter. I also chatted with a guy that runs a business detailing cars in the area including several Mets. You’ve probably seen him in the parking lot outside of Digital Domain Park.
After the game I went out to dinner and sat next to Jacobs and a couple of other guys at the West End Grill in Port St. Lucie. I decided not to bug him while he was eating to gab about the Mets. I’m sure he would appreciate that if he knew my intentions to bother him about shortening his swing to increase contact.
It was another great day in paradise, well maybe just Port St. Lucie. Check out the pictures below and let me know your thoughts in the comments.