Image from Wikipedia
Updated: March 31, 2008
Here’s a breakdown of the moves that the Mets made today to get down to 25:
- Raul Casanova made the major league team
- Brady Clark made the major league team- he also changed his number to 44
- Ramon Castro was placed on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to March 21
- Duaner Sanchez was placed on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to March 27
- Orlando Hernandez was placed on the 15 day disabled list retroactive to March 29
- Brian Stokes was designated for assignment
- Fernando Tatis was sent to minor league camp for reassignment
- Ricardo Rincon was sent to minor league camp for reassignment
- Nelson Figueroa was sent to minor league camp for reassignment
Mike Pelfrey gets the fifth starter spot but they won’t need him until April 12th. I would guess that he’ll get some long work in the bullpen until then to see if he can establish some consistency before they need a fifth starter. El Duque could even be back to make that start if Pelfrey continues his shaky performances from the spring.
I’m glad that Fernando Tatis didn’t make the team. I just don’t see that he adds value especially after losing Ruben Gotay. I really liked Gotay and thought he could make a contribution. He’s going to come back to bite the Mets with a big hit at some point this season.