The past week has been the best that I’ve felt about the Mets since September 2008. They went into Philly on a great run, even without their best player Carlos Beltran. The month of April was really on the backs of Mike Pelfrey and Johan Santana, for the most part. But the offense did start to come alive towards the end of the month. Here are some month-end links for you for this Sunday.
- NY Sports Dog– This post has an interesting scatter plot of Pelfrey’s called strikes comparing April 2009 to April 2010
- Amazin’ Avenue– Sam Page created a stat to measure which Mets player would be the best fighter in a brawl and Henry Blanco came out on top
- On The Black – A poll to determine the fan pick for Mets player of the month in April
- ESPN – Adam Rubin writes that Beltran doesn’t appear to be anywhere near returning to the team from his knee surgery
- Daily News – This is a funny piece on reporter Kevin Deutsch in Philly taunting fans with “Let’s Go Mets!” chants while wearing a Mets jersey and hat
- Daily News – Catching up with Hubie Brooks