It’s hard to get excited about the results of a spring training game but Jose Reyes went off on the Marlins today. He hit two homers and had six RBI’s. But the great news is that he’s bringing back Professor Reyes after a one year absence. I don’t know why but I loved the Professor Reyes bit. I thought it was a lot of fun.
Onto the Mets news:
- Tim Redding is still recovering from shoulder pain and won’t throw off a mound for a few more days.
- Sean Green cut the nail on his middle finger on his pitching hand. He won’t miss any time though.
- WFAN’s Mike Francesa is broadcasting from Tradition Field today and tomorrow. He’s got tons of audio clips of the the Mets that I’ll be linking to later today. And he’s trying to get Ryan Church and David Wright on tomorrow. Both of which he’s feuded with.
- Johan Santana was scratched from his Friday start due to tightness in his pitching elbow. He’ll still get five starts in before opening day and doesn’t anticipate missing any other starts this spring.
- Babes Love Baseball does their season preview of the Mets in haiku form.
- The Mets received more than 803,000 entries for the lottery to purchase tickets for the home opener.